Covid 19 – Community Update
From 6.00 pm 4 March 2022, the QLD Health instructions with regards to masks has changed for all of Queensland. Masks will no longer be required indoors, except in healthcare settings, residential aged care, disability accommodation, prisons, public transport, airports and on planes. This means that masks are no longer required to be worn at most venues including inside shops and shopping centres. Note that a mask must be worn at the Doctors Surgery and in other health care settings. The advice is to carry a mask at all times and mask wearing is recommended when physical distancing is not possible.
With effect from 6.00 pm 4 March 2022, the QLD Health restrictions on density of customers in all shopping centre venues have been removed. This means that there is no longer a requirement to display maximum customer numbers at shops and all venues, shops etc in the centre can have the number of customers and facilities such as seating as they had prior to the commencement of the Covid 19 Pandemic.
Changes from 17 December 2021
- From 17 December the Queensland Government is changing the places that vaccinated and unvaccinated people may visit across the State. This will affect a small number of businesses at The Pines Elanora. Hospitality venues (including restaurants, cafés and fast food) will only be permitted to provide dine in service to people under 16 years of age, fully vaccinated adults aged 16 or older, or those with a medical exemptions.
- Unvaccinated customers can continue to purchase takeaway food and drink from the above venues. Our food court and customer seating areas will remain open to all customers, regardless of their vaccination status.
- You must continue to check in at businesses or venues where there is a requirement to be vaccinated to enter.
- In line with Queensland Government directives, those partially vaccinated or unvaccinated members of our community can continue to visit The Pines and shop in-store at our retailers, including: Grocery stores, Pharmacies, Post offices, Newsagents, Clothing stores, Gyms and Food courts. Also unvaccinated customers may buy takeaway only at our cafes and fast-food restaurants, to be eaten in the centre food courts or elsewhere such as at home.
- For further detail on these new restrictions, we encourage you to visit https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding and please support our local businesses working with these changes together with tolerance and kindness.
The Pines Response to COVID-19
Check-in QLD App, Social Distancing & Hygiene
We ask for your support and request you follow the good hygiene and social distancing guidelines:
- Please remember to check in every time you see a Check-in QLD QR code around the centre.
- Stay more than 1.5 metres away from people
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- Dispose of tissues properly
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID 19 please get a test and stay home.
Stay up to date with the latest information and the steps we are taking.
The health, safety and well-being of our customers, retailers, staff and community is always our highest priority. In addition to our standard practices, we’ve proactively introduced the following precautionary measures, to ensure you can visit us with confidence.
- Increased cleaning schedules of high contact surface points, including amenities, handles and rails and other touch points around the Centre.
- There is signage through the Centre and in our amenities to remind people to ‘know the signs’ and ‘stop the spread’ of COVID-19 Coronavirus. This is to actively encourage the practice of good hygiene and preventative measures that each of us can take to help keep our community safe.
- We have hand sanitiser stations throughout the Centre
- We want to assure our customers and community that we monitor and act on government and relevant health authority’s advice.
We would like to thank you for your continued support. Please be kind to everyone at the centre including everyone who works here, and we look forward to seeing you soon.