Covid 19 – Community Update
Queensland Health has listed a number of locations at The Pines Elanora as places where there may have been low risk or casual contacts with a positive Covid 19 case. The centre and shops in question have all been advised and are confirmed as being safe for customers to visit and shop at. Customers who may have been at the shops during the time periods listed on the contact tracing website are urged to follow the guidelines issued by Queensland Health at this link. https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/contact-tracing The centre undergoes enhanced cleaning throughout the day and every night and remains a safe place for our community to visit and shop.
From 1.00 am 18 December 2021 the QLD Health instructions with regards to masks has changed for all of Queensland. Masks are now required to be worn inside shops and shopping centres. Masks are not required when you are inside premises where only double vaccinated patrons are permitted such as inside cafes and restaurants. The advice is to carry a mask at all times as well.
Changes from 17 December 2021
- From 17 December the Queensland Government is changing the places that vaccinated and unvaccinated people may visit across the State. This will affect a small number of businesses at The Pines Elanora. Hospitality venues (including restaurants, cafés and fast food) will only be permitted to provide dine in service to people under 16 years of age, fully vaccinated adults aged 16 or older, or those with a medical exemptions.
- Unvaccinated customers can continue to purchase takeaway food and drink from the above venues. Our food court and customer seating areas will remain open to all customers, regardless of their vaccination status.
- The Pines has had QR Codes in place throughout the food court areas for some time, so please check in using the Check In QLD app each time you use these areas.
- In line with Queensland Government directives, those partially vaccinated or unvaccinated members of our community can continue to visit The Pines and shop in-store at our retailers, including: Grocery stores, Pharmacies, Post offices, Newsagents, Clothing stores, Gyms and Food courts. Also unvaccinated customers may buy takeaway only at our cafes and fast-food restaurants, to be eaten in the centre food courts or elsewhere such as at home.
- For further detail on these new restrictions, we encourage you to visit https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding and please support our local businesses working with these changes together with tolerance and kindness.
The Pines Response to COVID-19
Check-in QLD App
- Due to the ongoing Covid 19 situation the Queensland Government has increased the number and variety of premises where patrons must check-in using the Check-In Qld QR Code App.
- Codes are different so that you can be traced quickly if there is a need to contact you. This includes as you enter the centre, use the amenities, visit the supermarkets and majors, stop at your favourite coffee shop and when you shop at all of the centre businesses.
- Please remember to check in every time you see a Check-in QLD QR code around the centre.
Social Distancing & Hygiene
We ask for your support and request you follow the good hygiene and social distancing guidelines:
- Check in with the QLD Check-in QLD App at every shop and when you arrive at the centre.
- Our shops are trading under strict COVID Safe arrangements as implemented by the QLD Health Officer and Gold Coast City Health. Look out for the details as you shop the centre.
- Stay more than 1.5 metres away from people
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- Dispose of tissues properly
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID 19 please get a test and stay home until you hear from Queensland Health about what to do next.
Stay up to date with the latest information and the steps we are taking.
The health, safety and well-being of our customers, retailers, staff and community is always our highest priority. In addition to our standard practices, we’ve proactively introduced the following precautionary measures, to ensure you can visit us with confidence.
- Increased cleaning schedules of high contact surface points, including amenities, handles and rails and other touch points around the Centre.
- State of the art digital people counters make sure we know how many visitors we have at any one time. Everyone has 2sqm and MORE even when we’re busy!
- There is signage throughout the Centre and in all of our amenities to remind people to ‘know the signs’ and ‘stop the spread’ of COVID-19 Coronavirus. This is to actively encourage the practice of good hygiene and preventative measures that each of us can take to help keep our community safe.
- We have introduced hand sanitiser stations throughout the Centre
- We want to assure our customers and community that we are monitoring and acting on current and future government and relevant health authority’s advice.
We would like to thank you for your continued support, patience and tolerance during this time. Please be kind to everyone at the centre including everyone who works here, and we look forward to seeing you soon.