The Pines Response to COVID-19
The Gold Coast lockdown restrictions lifted from 4pm on Sunday 8th August
Visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au for more information.
QLD Government MASK requirements
Due to the ongoing COVID 19 situation in Queensland the QLD Government has introduced a requirement to wear a mask for all people in South East Queensland.;-
- Face masks must* be worn at all times, including shopping centres, supermarkets and retail shops unless a relevant exemption applies.
- There is also a requirement to carry a mask with you at all times.
- *unless you are under 12 years old, have a medical exemption, Practical reasons e.g. eating and drinking, or it would be unsafe for you to do so
This requirement is currently in place until the Government Restrictions change.
The Pines Elanora has implemented a number of measures to assist us and our community in adhering to the mask mandate, including:
- All Centre staff and contractors will be required to wear a face mask while at work in the centre, unless they have a valid reason not to.
- We have installed signage to remind our community that they must adhere to this mandate unless they have a valid reason not to.
- Close work with our security team and local Police to assist in monitoring our community’s adherence to this directive.
- Communication with our retail partners to ensure they are aware of this directive and adhering to it.
We thank you for following the Mask requirement and doing your bit to keep our community safe.
There will also be some changes to capacity allowances:
- All businesses may now have one person per four square metres on their premises indoors, or one person per two square metres outdoors.
Businesses with a floor space less than 200 square metres can have one person per two square metres, up to 50 people at a time.
- The Pines Elanora is dedicated to providing everyone with a safe environment to shop.
- Please note that The Pines Elanora operates Zero tolerance of anti-social or disrespectful behaviour.
We ask that our community remains respectful to others, as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious to others.
Check-in QLD App
Due to the current Covid 19 situation the Queensland Government has increased the number and variety of premises where patrons must check-in using the Check-In Qld QR Code App.
Please remember to check in every time you see a Check-in QLD QR code around the centre.
Codes are different so that you can be traced quickly if there is a need to contact you. This includes as you enter the centre, use the amenities, visit the supermarkets, stop at your favourite coffee shop and when you shop at most of the centre businesses.
During this time, we also encourage our community to use the QR codes available throughout the Centre to check-in using the Check In Qld app.
Thank you for supporting Covid 19 contact tracing efforts and doing your bit to keep everyone safer!
Social Distancing & Hygiene
We ask for your support and request you follow the good hygiene and social distancing guidelines:
- Please wear a mask when shopping at The Pines Elanora
- Check in with the QLD Check-in QLD App when required.
- Our shops are trading under strict COVID Safe arrangements as implemented by the QLD Health Officer and Gold Coast City Health. Look out for the details as you shop the centre.
- Stay more than 1.5 metres away from people
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- Dispose of tissues properly
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID 19 please get a test and stay home until you hear from Queensland Health about what to do next.
Stay up to date with the latest information and the steps we are taking.
The health, safety and well-being of our customers, retailers, staff and community is always our highest priority. In addition to our standard practices, we’ve proactively introduced the following precautionary measures, to ensure you can visit us with confidence.
- We have increased cleaning schedules of high contact surface points, including amenities, handles and rails and other touch points around the Centre.
- We have state of the art digital people counters to make sure we know how many visitors we have at any one time. We know we are well within government guidelines. So you all have 4sqm and MORE even when we’re busy!
- We have introduced signage throughout the Centre and in all of our amenities to remind people to ‘know the signs’ and ‘stop the spread’ of COVID-19 Coronavirus. This is to actively encourage the practice of good hygiene and preventative measures that each of us can take to help keep our community safe.
- All of our stores have signage showing the maximum number of people allowed inside, at any one time
- We have introduced hand sanitiser stations throughout the Centre
We want to assure our customers and community that we are monitoring and acting on current and future government and relevant health authority’s advice.
We would like to thank you for your continued support during this time and look forward to seeing you soon.