BBQ Rump Skewers and Chimichurri Sauce
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Extra: 3 hours soak skewers
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alessandra – The Healthy Gourmet
- 2 shallots roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup parsley
- ½ cup basil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- In a blender or multiprocessor, place garlic and shallots, and process until minced.
- Add parsley, basil and thyme until minced
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice and combine. Reserve.
- 1.5kg Rump (diced 3-4 cm)
- 12 wooden skewers (pre soaked for at least 3 hours)
- Make skewers with rump.
- Heat up Grill
- Brush skewers with Sauce and grill them, occasionally turning, for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover skewers with sauce and serve immediately.