Chicken Pot Pie, Leek and Mushroom
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Lenard’s
- 4 Lenard’s chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 400g field mushrooms, thickly chopped
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 75ml dry white wine
- 50ml cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 cup parsley, freshly chopped
- 50g tasty cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten for glazing
- Melt butter in pan and cook off chicken over medium heat. Put chicken aside and lightly saute the leeks and onion for a couple of minutes before adding the field mushrooms and cooking until soft.
- Add the wine, cream and soup and simmer, stirring for a further couple of minutes. Add cheese, sage and parsley and mix in the chicken. Season to taste, simmer, stirring for a further 10 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Transfer pie mixture into a small casserole dish, allow to cool. Cover dish with puff pastry. Crimp the edges and glaze with egg. Cook in a pre-heated oven on 200C for approx 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- For presentation, this dish can also look great separated into individual serve ramekins or pots with their own individual pastry lids.