Chicken Sticks with Mango Salsa
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Extra: 1 hour soak skewers
Recipe courtesy of Lenard’s
- 1kg Lenard’s tenderloins
- 1 cup green ginger wine
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 mango, stone and skin removed, finely diced
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 12 skewers
Thread tenderloins onto skewers and marinate overnight in green ginger wine and soy sauce. Cook chicken sticks in pan or on BBQ for 10-15 minutes, basting with marinade as they cook.
Mango Salsa: combine all other ingredients in bowl to make salsa, stirring gently to avoid bruising the fruit. Spoon salsa over kebabs and serve.
Hint: If using wooden skewers, place skewers in chilled water for 1 hour before use to avoid them burning on the barbecue.