French Toast Finger Sandwiches
- 8 slices soft bread , (Texas toast or egg bread is ideal)
- 6 tbsp raspberry jam , or apricot jam
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp butter , plus more as needed
- Maple syrup & Icing sugar to serve
Method – ask an adult to help you with the frying
- Make 4 sandwiches using the 8 slices of bread, and about 1 1/2 tbsp jam for each. Spread jam right to the edges, then cut each sandwich into 3 strips.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, lemon rind and a pinch of salt. Dip each sandwich strip into the egg mixture to coat.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, and adding more butter as needed, fry strips for 2 min per side or until golden.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, or serve with maple syrup for dipping.