Lamb & Caprese Salad
Rack of Lamb
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bunch fresh rosemary (leaves)
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper (or more to taste)
2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
2 racks of lamb (approximately 450gms each)
Chopped flat-leaf parsley to garnish
Lemon for serving
250gm buffalo mozzarella
40gms of fresh basil
4 truss tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Blend together garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt until mixed in a food processor. Add in the olive oil and blitz until it forms a paste
- Cover the baking dish in baking paper and place lamb on top. Season with salt & pepper, add herbs paste and rub all over lamb. Allow to sit for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and roast for 25-30 minutes until medium-rare, or longer if desired.
- While the lamb is roasting, slice the tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella. Rip the basil. Combine gently in a bowl and season with salt & pepper, drizzling with the olive oil is desired.
- Remove lamb from oven and rest for 15 minutes before carving
- Plate up and enjoy! Sprinkling the lamb with parsley if desired.