Pork and Pineapple Skewers
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 5-10 minutes
- 400g pork fillet
- 4 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 60ml cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
½ small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks (or use ready prepped fresh pineapple, drained well)
- 1 green or red pepper, deseeded and cut into squares (optional)
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 4 equal lengths
- small bunch coriander, chopped (optional)
- cooked rice or pitta, to serve
- Cut the pork into cubes. Heat the sugar and vinegar in a pan over a low heat until the sugar melts. Add the fish sauce and cool. Tip in the pork and mix well so that all the cubes are covered in sauce.
- Heat the barbecue. If you are indoors, heat the grill. Thread the pork and pineapple onto skewers, alternating pieces with the pepper and spring onion.
- Barbecue or grill the skewers for 3-4 mins each side (you may need to cook them for longer if grilling).
- Sprinkle with coriander, if you like, then serve with rice or slide into pitta breads.