Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Brumby’s
- 4 Bigger than Texas Rolls
- pinch of garlic
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of milk or cream
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius
2. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the top of the centre into croutons.
3. Spray a baking tray with cooking spray. Arrange croutons on tray. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and cover with cooking spray. Place the hollowed out rolls onto the oven tray with the croutons. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. In a large saucepan, combine pumpkin, onions and celery with the stock. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and puree with a food processor until smooth.
6. Return to low heat and add cream and seasoning. Do not boil.
7. Ladle soup carefully into prepared rolls. Sprinkle parsley over each bread roll and serve with the croutons.