Shredded Root & Tuber Vegetables Pancake
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alessandra – The Healthy Gourmet
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon GF Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups peeled and shredded root & Tuber Veggies: Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Parsnips, Beetroots
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with little oil.
- Whisk egg, flour, scallions, dill, horseradish, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in vegetables and cottage.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook 4 pancakes per batch: place about 1/4 cup vegetable mixture in a little of the oil and press with the back of a spatula to flatten into a 2- to 3-inch pancake. Cook until crispy and golden, 1 1/2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the pancakes to the prepared baking sheet. Continue with 2 more batches, using the remaining 4 teaspoons oil and vegetable mixture. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve garnished with sour cream, if desired.